5G ready Intelligent Network Automation and Service Orchestration is a solution built by leading telecom operators to solve interoperability challenges with growing number of devices being added to the network. Additional benefit of the intelligent network is by streamlining the customer experience by automating and orchestrating the services provided.
Customer Pain Point
The telecom networks are getting more complex and there’s a growing need to find a simpler way to manage the network.
- There is an exponential increase in smart devices and applications that need to be managed by the network.
- The enormous amount of system data created by the devices and applications brings strain to the operation teams.
- Devices, services, and applications are adopting microservice architecture putting a strain on development teams to build more solutions.
- Business units are looking to provide more value to the customers by adding more simplicity and automation to deploy and manage services and network resources.
- Legacy systems make it expansive if not impossible to integrate with new management platforms
- All these drive up the OPEX and CAPEX draining the revenue and profitability.
With ongoing deployment of 5G technology worldwide, the complexity increases to a high extent, especially for services requiring 5G capable high throughput, ultra-low latency, and massive connectivity in real-time.
API AutoFlow combines API Management with capabilities to automate integration and deployment of enterprise services for users and enhances network intelligence via automation on-premises or in the cloud.
*Estimates based on a traditional development method
API AutoFlow on-premise
Solution Support Services
API AutoFlow Features Used
- Configurable service behaviors
API AutoFlow allows developers to quickly combine microservices to create service behaviors. With AutoFlow’s no-code environment, the operations and DevOps teams can easily recreate solutions and manage the existing service behaviors with limited or no coding experience
- Southbound Execution
The southbound API is created to trigger service behavior that orchestrates numbers of microservices for the solution
- Mount/Unmount Devices
Ability to dynamically mount and unmount network entities and devices to be managed and utilized. API AutoFlow can be configured to store the most up-to-date inventory info in the database
Entities are the virtual representation of the devices. It is necessary for managing many devices without having to create a representation for each.
- Models / Schema
Models and schema are used to dynamically match the applicable service behaviors for both northbound and southbound data. The devices have different data formats based on the make, model, and version.
Data models are mapped in an n-to-n format so that data from any source can be ingested into another simply through mapping
- Data Transformation and Normalization
Real-time processing of data for both north and southbound,
- Status Polling to Devices
Keep-alive and health check of the managed devices
- Southbound Multiple (sequential) Call Flow
Based on the service behavior and flow logic, calls to the network can be made sequentially where one API call is dependent on the response from another one
- Test Automation
Test automation alone is a time consuming and expansive task for the development team. API AutoFlow provides a built-in test automation feature that is used to constantly test the managed services.
- Northbound Data Ingestion
API AutoFlow receives data from the data source. For devices that communicate through non-web-based protocols, Interactor is used to do the protocol translation.
- Northbound Data Publishing
Data from the network devices and services are made available to the data consumers such as OSS/BSS, other applications, and decision-makers.
About the Customer
Top-tier telecom operators. Company names undisclosed